We are almost 12 weeks into lockdown and it is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. I was hoping (and praying) that the children would go back to school in June at some point for all our sakes, but alas that’s not to be.
Last week, I was thinking about all the things I should have / could have / would have done and then I thought about our situation – This isn’t business as usual; it is business as unusual and it has taken me some time to get my head around it.
My Dad always said don’t ever say I would’ve/should’ve/could’ve say I HAVE DONE, or I WILL DO. So, I thought I would write about all the things I have done, rather than the things I haven’t.
It is also good to have a HAVE DONE list as well as a WILL DO list
Here’s my HAVE DONE list
– Learnt Zoom and translated all my face-to-face work online
– Fine-tuned my LinkedIn and CV offering and been doing lots of these
– Carried out live zoom / webinar training on strengths, LinkedIn and Brand You
– Helped clients with employee engagement when working from home – no correct that, looking after their employees wellbeing while remote working
– Helped clients with positive and concise messaging within their teams
– Helped clients manage working from home
– Executive coaching and career change work
– Managing lockdown living with a tween and a teen
– Run and cycled and seen blue sky and blossom and recorded it on strava , although it did cause a quite a stir when I recorded a bike ride as a run and broke all world records …
– Got back into yoga which is good for my body and my head
– Learnt to cook soup, chicken and mushroom pie and have created my very own version of homemade coleslaw
– Got to know and love many local businesses on my doorstep and will use them post lockdown
– Been able to make more environmentally friendly choices due to the extra time I have carved out without a commute or school run.
– Done some awesome #lockdownlearning with @localbusinessrocks, they have been a really supportive group in these challenging times. And there has been a lot of learning around video, SEO, newsletters, social media and branding.
So write yourself a HAVE DONE list, it’s part of your self-care and you will see how far you have come and you will feel confident and proud of your achievements.
I will sort my WILL DO list in the next 12 weeks!
Drop me a line if you (or your colleagues or friends) need help with a LinkedIn profile or a CV update.
Visit https://careervoyage.co.uk/land-your-dream-role/ to see how we can help or message Career Voyage.
Also If you need some help shifting your career, adjust to new conditions or face a new point on the horizon, book onto a Career Voyage Be 100% Prepared to Land Your Perfect Role and you will spend a morning focussing on you. After the session you will come out with a clearer idea of where you are heading workwise, you will understand what value you can bring to an employer or client and this will help you land a new role or client, we can support and inspire you as you navigate your way to your next adventure. You can also follow our #50days50waystogethired on instagram, twitter, linkedin and facebook.
#notbusinessasusual #businessasunusual #yourcareerisyourbusiness #yourbusinessisyourcareer #cvwriting #LinkedInprofile #jobsearch #brandyou #discoverbrandyou #competitiveedge #lockdownlearning #mentalhealth #localbusiness #localbusinessrocks #havedonewilldolist #careeradvice #careerstrategy #careercoach #careerdestination #promotion #payrise #careervoyage #hiddenjobs #careerdevelopment #careermanagement #visibility #findability #employability #50days50waystogethired